This App helps in interactively exploring Earth and Space using real time simulations. The simulations are highly touch enabled and are designed game-like so that people would love to play around with the simulations and at the same time can gain a deeper understanding of Space science concepts.
The simulation name and the activity that can be done on the simulation are briefed below -
1. Order of Planets in Solar System – You can place the planets in the correct order from Sun. If they are placed in correct order, they rotate! Play and Learn!
2. Earth-Sun and Moon System – You can manually set the duration for the Earth or Moon to rotate. See why it takes 28 days for the Moon to rotate around Earth,
How many times Moon rotates around Earth in a Year etc., Very interesting activities.
3. Causes of Seasons – See the Earth rotate in a 3 dimensional view and practically understand how seasons are formed at different poles.
4. Phases of the Moon – Step by Step you can touch and control the Phases of the Moon by rotating the Moon around the Earth.
5. Earth’s rotation – Observe how Day and Night on Earth are formed
6. Lunar Eclipse – Find out how it appears from different parts of Earth? How is this formed? – Touch the moon to simulate Lunar Eclipse!
7. Solar Eclipse – How it appears from different parts of Earth? How is this formed? – Simulate and learn!
8. Do you know why a Lunar Eclipse cannot happen every full moon? – Understand it through this 3D simulation. Touch and rotate the Moon, Earth and find out yourself why it happens only on specific full moon days.
9. Ocean tides – Full moon/New moon – Do you know why there are spring tides and neap tides? You can touch and control the motion of moon and see how the ocean tides vary with the position of Moon – Real time simulation!
|Grades||Activities & Simulations (click underlined simulations to view in below window)|
|4th - 8th||Order of Planets in Solar System, Earth-Sun and Moon System, Causes of Seasons, Phases of the Moon, Earth’s rotation, Lunar Eclipse, Solar Eclipse, Do you know why a Lunar Eclipse cannot happen every full moon?,
|8th-12th||Ocean tides – Full moon/New moon, Do you know why a Lunar Eclipse cannot happen every full moon?, Eclipses, Phases of the Moon, Earth’s rotation|